5. Place a bowl of plain oats in your fridge.
Since oats are naturally absorbent, they’ll soak up stinky smells like a sponge.
6. Clip a car air freshener to your home’s vent.
Or, make your own clip-on air freshener with a clothespin (see #14).
7. Absorb smells and catch drips in a trash can with newspaper.
8. Put a drop or two of essential oil on cotton balls and place them around your house.
I like to place cotton balls in dresser drawers, in pillowcases, in between couch cushions, and in bathroom cabinets.
Note: If you have kids or pets, be sure cotton balls are out of reach.
9. Fill a bowl with vinegar and place it in a room that needs refreshing.
Vinegar does an amazing job at neutralizing odors.